Just a few seconds of music is enough to activate powerful emotions, and bring us back to a long gone memory. Suddenly we're back with that special someone, or at a specific place or time. It can change our mood in an instant. Music is magic.
Focus on what matters
We belong to an industry that is becoming increasingly creative with its marketing tactics. We want no part in that. Everything we do has a reason and a purpose on the journey towards great sound.
We make honest products developed through both technical measurements and extensive listening sessions. We combine this with a healthy dose of loudspeaker theory and experience. Finally, we have made some choices that are a bit different (more on that below). Choices that help us reach our ultimate goal.
The goal is simple: Help you experience your favorite artists in the best way possible, to allow you to enjoy the music. When you turn the volume to 11 on a setup from Sigberg Audio, you get blown away by the raw, effortless delivery. Tone it down, and the hairs on your arms lift as silky, soft vocals pour out from somewhere between the speakers. We don't make speakers that "mercilessly reveal bad recordings." When the speakers do most things right, most things sound right.
We make speakers we would buy ourselves. Speakers that make us sit back and think That's what I'm talking about when we put on our favorite songs. We can't wait to give you the same experience!
What makes our approach unique?
What makes our active speakers and subwoofers work as well as they do?
- A high quality coax driver provides a point source, an unusually large soundstage and a precise stereo perspective.
- A dedicated subwoofer allows the speaker to focus on the important midbass area, providing unheard of capacity.
- Our subwoofers provide clean and neutral sound all the way from the deepest bass and far up in the mid-bass range. They are built to compete with expensive floor-standing speakers in terms of precision, realism and authority.
- Built-in world-class mono amplifiers (Hypex nCore) for all drivers.
- Digital crossovers provide smoother and better frequency response, higher sensitivity and better dynamics than traditional, passive solutions.
- The tuning and frequency response is optimised and verified with Klippel measurement systems in an anechoic chamber.
- The compact size of our speakers and subwoofers translates to very rigid cabinets. The fact that the frequencies below 100hz are in a separate cabinet minimizes resonances and vibrations in the speakers.
We've worked hard to deliver engaging sound and performance despite their modest appearence. To achieve this, we have chosen a modular approach, where the bass is handled by a dedicated subwoofer.
Inkognito subwoofer is the choice if you want a high quality subwoofer that blends in easily. The flexible installation options lets you enjoy a subwoofer that can play deep and loud without disrupting your living room aestethics.
The 10D subwoofer has a traditional form factor, and is the smallest double 10" subwoofer in the world. This combined with advanced DSP means it's a hard hitter, and plays music with the authority and precision of a high-end floor stander.
The heart of the system is the SBS.1 active speaker. It looks like a compact bookshelf speaker, but the sensitivity and dynamics are unheard of for its size. Combined with our subwoofers, the result is the soundstage of a large floorstander, perfectly integrated. SBS.1 isn't loud for a small speaker. It's loud, period.
The room is one of the biggest factors for good sound. The tonal balance, as in the balance between the dark tones and the bright tones in the music, is partly a result of the design of your speakers, and partly of the size of your room and how sound is reflected by room boundaries and objects. With free-standing speakers without access to any kind of room correction, the result is rarely perfect, and the pursuit for the Right Sound begins. You constantly replace speakers, amplifiers and sources, and perhaps even buy various accessories and remedies that will supposedly and magically correct the sound. The pursuit never ends.
Our speakers are built to play with subwoofers. As you can read on the product pages of the SBS.1 speakers there are several reasons for this. But one obvious advantage is that you immediately get control over the critical range from 20-100hz. You can now easily control the amount of bass with the volume of the subwoofer. This balance is a big factor in perceived sound quality, and this alone is a big step up from stand-alone speakers.
Step two is to adjust not only the sound balance in the lower bass, but also further up through the midbass and midrange. There is also a lot to be gained from cleaning up uneven response in the lower part of the frequency range. That's why all our subwoofers and speakers have a built-in manual EQ. For those who don't have the time or interest to learn how to do that, we also sell room correction products which allows you to do this automatically and without prior knowledge.
With Sigberg Audio you get ..
- Speakers that sound fantastic - whether your preferred listening level is low, moderate or at concert levels. Whether you listen to Diana Krall or Metallica.
- Dedicated subwoofers that allow you to control the tonal balance in your setup, and provide quality, capacity and authority in the bass that few floorstanders can match.
- Manual and / or automatic DSP that cleans up the critical bass and midbass area, so that the system integrates better with your room.
- Built-in, dedicated and very powerful amplifier stages for all channels. All you need is one or more good sources, and possibly a preamplifier.
Simply good sound, so you can listen to good music. Served in a package that we are confident will both give you goosebumps and make your feet start tapping.
Sometimes separately, sometimes both at once.
We hope you will adopt our loudspeakers and/or subwoofers. They will do their best to recreate your best memories. And perhaps create a few new ones.